Programme of Events
LMMES reserve the right to cancel or amend the published events without notice.
The Society arranges various talks and other events, mainly on Monday evenings. Members of the public are welcome to come along to our talks and other events. Please contact the secretary (see Contact page ) for more information.
We also run trains for the public every Sunday and Bank Holiday from April to 20th October (not listed below), and a special on Halloween.
|Tue, 17 Sep||Member Running||Members Running Afternoon|
|Sun, 22 Sep||Railways on Air||'Radio Cinderbarrow' (GB4LMS) amateur radio station will be operating as part of the national 'Railways on Air' event|
|Mon, 23 Sep 7pm||Trustee meeting||All members are welcome to attend and contribute.|
|Mon, 7 Oct 7.30pm||Engineering Evening||The night where you bring a project along. This can be anything you are currently working on including drawings. It does not have to be railway biased. Do not forget |
|Thu - Sun 17-20 Oct||Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition||Venue: Warwickshire Exhibition Centre. More details at http://www.midlandsmodelengineering.co.uk|
|Sun, 20 Oct 7.30pm||Public running||Last public running day of the season from 1pm-4pm|
|Mon, 21 Oct 7.30pm||Presentation||Geoff Martell: Handling a Steam Locomotive|
|Sun, 27 Oct||Annual General Meeting and Halloween prep day||All members are asked to attend. Please come along and make it a good meeting. Also, while you are there, please help us get ready for our big Halloween night. Lots to do, getting all our props ready in advance will make it much easier on the day!|
|Thu, 31 Oct||Halloween Night||Our biggest evening of the year when we are joined by a variety of characters to help make this the most memorable of the year's train journeys. All sorts of help is always needed and it is a great fund raiser for our Society. Help needed to set up from lunchtime.|
|Mon, 4 Nov 7.30pm||Trustee meeting||All members are welcome to attend and contribute.|
|Mon, 18 Nov 7.30pm||Presentation||Jon Allen: Modelling Large Trams|
|Mon, 25 Nov 7pm||Trustee meeting||All members are welcome to attend and contribute.|
|Mon, 2 Dec 7.30pm||Informal Evening||An opportunity for members to meet and discuss engineering subjects of interest|
|Sat, 14 Dec 12:00||Christmas Lunch||Christmas lunch - "Number 17", Milnthorpe. Contact John McKay to book your place!|
Saturday, 6th July 2019. 10.30am until 4pm
Lancaster And Morecambe Model Engineering Society holds Open Days, when we invite other clubs to visit to run their locomotives on our two quarter mile tracks. Our ground level tracks cater for 3½, 5 and 7¼ inch gauge and are used to give rides to the public as well as for club members’ use. The minimum radius is approximately 35ft leaving the steaming bays (an alternative exit is available). The incline is a maximum of 1:76. At the entrance to the site there is a 2.15m height barrier (this can be removed by arrangement in advance).
- Our site will be open from 10.30 a.m. until 4p.m.
- Carriages are available, which are fitted with standard vacuum brakes, but please bring your own Driving Trucks, though a limited number of Trucks will be provided.
- We will supply coal, steam oil and mains water.
- Our facilities include covered raised steaming bays, 12V DC blower supplies, compressed air and a hydraulic platform.
- Owners of steam locomotives must provide: a valid boiler certificate (which complies with procedures set out by the Northern and Southern Federation of Model Engineering Societies), a valid insurance certificate and a current membership card. For inspection prior to running it on our track.
- A buffet lunch will be provided in our clubhouse with refreshments throughout your stay. We have toilets within the clubhouse.
- All visiting drivers will be given guidance for safe running and instruction on the signalling system.
- We no longer require an attendance form to be submitted in advance. All are welcome, just turn up!
N.B This information is available for download by clicking the link below.
A few pictures from our Open Day July 2018.