The Society’s Open Day in 2022 is planned for Saturday 2nd July
Lancaster And Morecambe Model Engineering Society holds Open Days, when we invite other clubs to visit to run their locomotives on our two quarter mile tracks. Our ground level tracks cater for 3½, 5 and 7¼ inch gauge and are used to give rides to the public as well as for club members’ use. The minimum radius is approximately 35ft leaving the steaming bays (an alternative exit is available). The incline is a maximum of 1:76. At the entrance to the site there is a 2.15m height barrier (this can be removed by arrangement in advance).
- Our site will be open from 10.30 a.m. until 4p.m.
- Carriages are available, which are fitted with standard vacuum brakes, but please bring your own Driving Trucks, though a limited number of Trucks will be provided.
- We will supply coal, steam oil and mains water.
- Our facilities include covered raised steaming bays, 12V DC blower supplies, compressed air and a hydraulic platform.
- Owners of steam locomotives must provide: a valid boiler certificate (which complies with procedures set out by the Northern and Southern Federation of Model Engineering Societies), a valid insurance certificate and a current membership card. For inspection prior to running it on our track.
- A buffet lunch will be provided in our clubhouse with refreshments throughout your stay. We have toilets within the clubhouse.
- All visiting drivers will be given guidance for safe running and instruction on the signalling system.
- We no longer require an attendance form to be submitted in advance. All are welcome, just turn up!
N.B This information is available for download by clicking the link below.
A few pictures from our Open Day July 2018.